As the title suggests, I am not a young man any more. That said, I 'm not at the end of the trail yet, either. This place will contain my thoughts on life in the Southwest, aging, adult children (and grandchildren!!), motorcycling, and as an old friend once said, "wood ticks, lunatics, and politics".
In spite of the length of time I've been bumping around this world, this will be my first real (and hopefully consistent) attempt at anything like a journal. Although I've written for work and other "business" purposes, I've never made much of a try at setting general thoughts on life to written form. We'll just hafta see how it turns out, huh?
You can expect to see funny stories, both those I've heard, and those I've lived. You'll see political opinions... mostly conservative, but many centrist, and maybe even one or two to the left of center! I am unashamed to say that, like John McCain, whom I hope will be our next President, one of my political heroes was Theodore Roosevelt.
You may get a description of an interesting ride through the desert or in the mountains. You may even get the occasional amateur analysis of a motorcycling mishap (hopefully those will be rare!)
These topics, along with an occasional Mexican food recipe, are what I hope to bring to light in these posts. Hopefully, some may find them worth the time they take to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well we're certainly old enough to have some seasoned opinions and thoughts about a lot of things....and at this stage of the game it really doesn't matter if anyone listens, replies or agrees.
Keep on bloggin'!
Post a Comment